Juno Legal was created to provide a more modern approach to legal services; we operate as an innovative start-up rather than as a traditional law firm. We keep the best of legal practice and bring fresh thinking and ideas while constantly challenging ourselves to be better. We have a team of passionate and talented people with a real commitment to shift the dial on happiness in the legal profession.
We celebrate different perspectives, and foster a flexible and inclusive workplace. The community we support is diverse, and it’s important to us that diversity is reflected in the team here at Juno.
About the role
As our People & Practice Manager you’ll be a consistent and positive presence within the team, bringing a particular focus on supporting our Director operationally, leading our highly capable HQ team, and keeping our practice running smoothly. You’ll have oversight of all daily business and administrative operations, including finance, client experience, human resources, marketing, and IT.
This is a full time or full time flexible role, and we are looking for someone who will:
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and accountability
- Oversee the creation of budgets, monthly reporting, managing all financial transactions
- Seek opportunities to optimise our processes and drive efficiency through automation
- Supervise our project and work plans to ensure they are successful, run to time, are achieved within budget and deliver the expected outcomes
- Keep us on track as a modern law firm that complies with all regulatory requirements
- Lead our HQ team, supporting their work outcomes and wellbeing
- Work alongside the Director to translate strategic objectives into action
- Bring a customer experience lens as you foster warm relationships with our clients.
You’ll be a switched on and warm communicator who can comfortably juggle multiple priorities. We’d love to see your previous experience as a Practice or Office Manager within a professional services environment. To thrive in this role you will:
- Have a systems-thinking mindset, you’re someone who can quickly pick up and efficiently navigate new platforms
- Lead and coach people with warmth, empathy, and humour
- Care about what you do and the quality of your work. Your attention to detail and forward thinking will mean the team are prepared and informed
- Communicate effectively and succinctly
- Delight in problem solving: we want to see your initiative, curiosity and proactiveness
- Bring excellent business and financial acumen
- Either hold, or show a willingness to learn, an understanding of tikanga and Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and how these practically apply in your work
Why people love it here
There are plenty of reasons you’ll love working here! You will have the support of an engaged team, a wellbeing allowance, work in a high-trust and flexible environment, and a budget available for your ongoing professional development.
Juno also has a strong commitment to serve the wider community. To reflect this, we donate a portion of our net profit each year to a range of charities and causes that align with the passions and interests of our people.
We will be responding to applications as they come through so apply today!
We've partnered with Kin to fill this lynchpin role. If you're ready to go, apply now with your CV and cover letter sharing your experience, values, and why you’re interested in joining our team. If you have some questions before you apply, please contact Erina Jamieson on 027 471 0828 or [email protected]