I have a diverse legal background spanning private practice, in-house and establishing my own legal-tech business. My experience ranges across:
- Working with small South Island law firms and major law firms in Sydney and Auckland.
- Working with the Inland Revenue Department as well as para-legal work in the commercial property sector in London.
- Assisting small businesses and large corporations ranging from $200m projects to helping clients buy a home.
- Establishing a niche legal-tech business aimed at filling a gap between the services people need and what lawyers can help with in a timely and cost-effective way.
- Advising on: structured commercial property acquisitions through to photocopier agreements, major design-build-lease agreements to corporate governance, DD on property aspects of international M&A’s to employment agreements.
- Dotting every “i” for a corporate to providing quick, pragmatic answers for a small business or internal client.
The common denominator has been tailoring legal services to fit the people and the circumstances.
New Zealand Hotel Holdings, Guardians of New Zealand Super Fund, NZ Carbon Farming Group, Callaghan Innovation
Transact Legal Documents Limited | Founder Director
Knight Coldicutt | Director
DLA Phillips Fox | Special Counsel
Chapman Tripp | Senior Associate
Gadens Lawyers Sydney | Senior Associate
Inland Revenue Department | Solicitor
White Fox & Jones | Solicitor
Cunningham Taylor | Graduate Solicitor
Areas of expertise
- Commercial property (development, sale & purchase, leasing)
- General business advice
- Contract drafting
What Nick Cross's clients say
Nick is a valued member of the team. He has quickly earned the trust of the business, came up to speed quickly with a complex regulatory environment, and offers sound and sage – pragmatically focused – advice.
He’s been a great, safe, pair of hands to carry us through this period alongside a secondee from one of our external firms. In that respect Nick has been highly collaborative and a great communicator – which meant the slightly unusual arrangement of two part time secondees, one covering the mornings and the other the afternoons, has worked well. The success is largely due the how much each has vested in making it work and communicated strongly so that that business has had a relatively seamless experience.
Head of Climate, Sustainability and Legal, NZ Carbon Farming